It is so hard to believe, but you really are 12 months…gasp, one YEAR…old! We are so proud of all you’ve accomplished in the past year and so thankful to the Lord for how far he has brought you since those NICU days. You had your one year checkups today & you are doing great!
You’ve gone from this:
Two tiny 3 1/2 & 4 lb preemies, struggling to even breathe on their own… to this:
Two thriving toddlers who don’t even need an adjusted growth chart, and who are meeting every developmental milestone a typical one year old should meet at this age. It blows our minds… God has been SO good to us – and we are amazed by you both!
At 12 months, you both:
- Go to bed around 7:30 and usually sleep about 12 hours (a little longer for Lane, sometimes a little shorter for Cole), take 2 naps at 10 (long one) & 2:30 (shorter one).
- Have graduated to using straw sippy cups of whole milk during the day – only bottles in the morning & night
- Are eating everything we eat – I’m cooking for 4 now!
- Are absolutely addicted to your walkers/push toys – you can steer them anywhere, do u-turns, and fight over them often! (you also chase each other around the house on them – we have to keep it from becoming bumper cars!)
- Have both taken a few steps… C-man tries it often, Laner tends to do it when he doesn’t realize he’s doing it! You can both walk very well next to us just holding one of our hands.
- say “mama,” “dada,” & “baba” (this one can be used for several things)
Cullen Wayne, you:
- weigh 20 lbs even (10th percentile), are 29 1/4 in tall (25-50th), and your head is 19 1/2 in around (off the charts again – but no concern, just funny 🙂 you’re going to be a genius, obviously! )
- are becoming very needing of mommy – do not like when I leave the room. eek. (but I LOVE how you wrap your hands around my neck so tightly before bed & when I pick you up when you wake up… SO sweet)
- are a speed racer with your push toy.
- love to clap your hands and make the “yay!” sound I make. You have also developed some hilarious faces.
- crawl very fast on all fours now, but still like to use your army crawl here & there – we call it your stealth mode. It always makes people laugh because you are SO fast at it!
- Have woken up a few times lately because of teething, etc… and all you want is for me to come in there, hold you tight for a minute, & put you in your crib & pat your back for a few times – then you’ll go right back to sleep. It’s almost like you just missed me & needed some reassurance for a couple of minutes & you’re fine, so I let you do it… at least, that is what emotional me thought when I was needing extra cuddle time leading up to your birthday… you might find things going back to normal now, ha.
Lane Davis, you:
- weigh 19 lbs, 12 oz (10th percentile), are 28 3/4 in tall (10-25th), and your head is 18 in around (25-50th).
- have become a big daddy fan this month – you’ve been wanting him more & saying “dada” all the time. You’ve also just started getting upset when Mommy leaves the room too.
- have become much more assertive – you do not let Cole bully you around anymore! In fact we often catch you pulling his hair or taking a toy, and laughing hilariously as you do it!
- still love to follow your brother around though, wherever he’s going.
- crack yourself up – if we smile at something you do or start laughing, you die laughing like you KNOW how funny you are!
- are probably still one of the best sleepers ever… I can’t remember the last time you woke up in the middle of the night. If you were our only child we’d be SUPER spoiled! Good thing we have your brother to keep us semi-honest 😉
- have become a snugglebug when you get sleepy – you didn’t use to snuggle much, but we are loving it right now!
We never knew we could love two little boys this much – we are SO blessed!